The ultimate turntable. Reduced to the absolute maximum performance.
The essence of 33 years turntable design and evolution in the APOLYT finds it’s cumulation in an all-new turntable concept.
The task was to transfer the relevant and unique design features of the extremely large and heavy APOLYT into a considerably more compact and feasible format – without losing even the tiniest aspect of the all-alone sonic level provided.
All the design features and inventions which defined the unique apogee level of the APOLYT’s sonic performance have now been incorporated in a much more compact and positively matured new design.
The ASTELLAR is literally the design result of “the road of excess leading to the palace of wisdom.”
A turntable second to no other – in its concept and sonic performance on a par with the APOLYT and superior to all others.
- A unique 36 (thirty-six !) layers design platter, incorporating 18 different materials with defined energy transfer speed – combined in the optimum sequence.
- Incorporating Vinyl, Tungsten HD18, Titanium, AW6082 Alloy, 1.4401 Vanadium Steel – plus a defined mixture of organic material layers pressed together and bounded by natural resin.
- Featuring the unique APOLYT-concept inner platter design – and going beyond
- The ASTELLAR’s platter is 100% non-resonant, with a truly unique design
concept featuring an absolute non- reflecting inner surface.
- Designed to provide the utmost possible pitch-black deep dark “sonic background” – to allow the most tiny details to appear in an unforced and natural way and thus to integrate swift into the all-harmonic sonic picture provided.
- The platter spindle is fully decoupled and isolated from the bearing and featuring
an inner thread to allow optimized coupling of vinyl record to material-identical platter surface by screw-on clamp as well as any record weight.
- A bi-radial, unique adjustable push-pull magnetic bearing, completely
maintenance-free – proving a perfect isolated and totally vibration-free rotation.
- Full air suspended plinth with 1.2 Hz resonance frequency.
- True 3-point precision leveling with tilt-prevention.
- Plinth featuring 3 levels made from 3 different Aluminium alloys –
with inlays of Titanium and vibration-absorbing gel.
- Tonearm mounting boards with “Zero-tolerance” –
automatic perfect re-location design:each tonearm mounted and aligned on one position can be moved to any of the
ther 3 positions without ANY re-alignment / recalibration needed.
- Arm boards with defined and maximized energy transfer.
- Double-point brushless DC motor belt drive – with active dynamic control motor
management – and free of any parasitic side force / drag applied to the platter.
- Double flywheel drive – with maximized inertia incorporated in the active
- Totally decoupled bearing level and tonearm mounting board level from
- Speed 33, 45 and 78 – all full stabilized with below 0.01 derivation from